It is time once again to give thanks for all that has transpired this past year. As you gather with friends and family, you may find it tough to give thanks because you are still reeling from the political scene, or maybe you lost someone close to you this year, or you may be in a job transition. Sometimes it’s hard to feel thankful-you may have to really work at it. Your thoughts may take you to an uncertain future not really sure of what will be, or you may be stuck in trying to figure out the events of the past hoping in vein for a different ending.
When you are together with friends and family this year what one thing can you point to that has either changed you in some way or made you think of your career in a new and different way?
If you are in doubt about your future, or you just feel lost, think of what gifts you have to offer and all of the wonderful opportunities that lay ahead for you in the coming year.
- Thank you for the gift of work;
- Thank you for the ability to provide for myself and my family;
- Thank you for the new opportunities ever present in my life;
- Thank you for the abundance I have in my life;
- Thank you for my professional relationships, friends and co-workers;
- Thank you for the many mentors I have had in my career;
- Thank you for the ability to learn new things in new ways;
- Thank you for the chance to use my skills in productive ways;
- Thank you for my ability to help others in their career or in their work;
- Thank you for all of the many chances I have to grow, learn and become who I am really meant to be in this life.
Giving thanks for all of what you have now allows you to make room for all of the new opportunities that are just waiting for you in the future. And if all else fails, there is always another helping of pumpkin pie and a to go bag that will surely last for days!
Looking for a job? Find us at www.greenlightjobs.com
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/lisakayeglj
Follow greenlightjobs on Twitter http://twitter.com/greenlightjobs
And, on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/pub/2/abb/50
Copyright © 2021 Lisa Kaye - HR & Business Consulting - The Career Rebel