As you clear away the leftovers, battle your way through Black Friday and prepare for the post holiday blues, did you stop and think about what you are most grateful for when it comes to your job and the people in your job life? It might not seem there is much that could get you excited about your work, but as you give out thanks to those around you, your friends, your family, your neighbors, did you make a list of things you might be grateful for about your job and those you work with?
If you are struggling thinking about what you might be thankful for when it comes to your career, here are a few suggestions that might help get you started:
- I’m thankful that I have a job, can look for a job and am employable.
- I’m grateful that I can earn steady income to pay all my bills.
- I’m grateful that I can support my friends, my family and myself.
- I appreciate the opportunities I’ve been given in my career.
- I honor those who have helped me along the way in finding work, providing a good reference or helping me to network for a new job.
- I am thankful I have great co-workers who I can share knowledge and learn new skills.
- I appreciate my boss and the leaders in my company who believe in me and have given me a chance to prove my capabilities.
- I am thankful I may now be in a position to help others, share my knowledge and mentor those who are starting out in their careers.
- I am thankful I have a great place to go to work every day.
- Finally, I am thankful I have my health, abilities and skills to make me a valuable contribution to my company, my community and society.
When you are grateful for what you have today you pave the way for a more prosperous and abundant tomorrow. In the hustle and bustle of the holiday season there is no time like the present to give thanks for what you have now instead of focusing on what you may be missing. More importantly, taking time to thank those you work with and show respect and appreciation is a good place to start. So when you head back to work this week, take a moment to be grateful and share your gratitude with your work family.
Looking for a job? Find us at www.greenlightjobs.com
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/lisakayeglj
Follow greenlightjobs on Twitter http://twitter.com/greenlightjobs
And, on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/pub/2/abb/50
Copyright © 2018 Lisa Kaye - HR & Business Consulting - The Career Rebel